Sunday, June 27, 2010

On a hot day...

Today was such a hot and humid day. We stayed inside in front of the air conditioner all day! So today I leave you with a photo from almost 5 months ago during one of our big snow storms! One of the perks of being a school teacher is snow days so I don't have to try to get to work in a foot of snow. They were WONDERFUL days! I had now excuse not to take photos as well (except for the cold). I took this photo as I was walking along Central Park West to enter the park at 72nd Street. This was the most snow I'd ever seen (not hard to do since it was only my second real winter). I managed to brave the cold for almost 45 minutes to take some photos of others enjoying the plethora of snow.
Last year, I went sledding for the first time ever! A few teachers and I went to Riverside Park where the Parks Department supplied sleds and hot chocolate on the snow day. It was a great day. I had so much fun, and didn't mind the cold - a first for me! I am normally the first one to complain about the cold and snow but not that day. Definitely one of my favorite days in NYC thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment