Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dealing with the loss

Today was focused on our World Cup match against Ghana. The morning was filled with mindless tasks around the house because I couldn't sit still. We spent all afternoon on the edge of our seats only to be devastated by the loss. So how do I deal? I organize.
I went straight to Staples to get a file box and files. I just brought home TONS of material from school I've collected over the past couple of years. It has become scattered in piles over the apartment, but it is no more. I labeled and color coded and collected all in one place now.
I enjoy composing pictures with long lines in them. It feeds into my compulsive need to be organized. My first photography project was a collection of these type of photos. I think that was one of the first times I realized my compulsion. If I have work to do, I have to clean first or I can't focus. But now that I've started the organizing process, I feel better after our World Cup loss and am looking forward to the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment