Saturday, June 19, 2010

A couple of busy days!

Last night we went over to Brooklyn and grabbed some dinner with a friend and then finally made it over to the "new" space for The Knitting Factory. This photo is not from there but is a photo of the lead singer for The Break Mission. (I felt I needed to post an appropriately themed photo.) The Knitting Factory space is pretty cool. The front is a nice sized room with a bar and behind the bar is glass so you can see what's going on with the show. The room and stage for the shows is a good size. The sound is great. I would go see a show there again, even though it is in Williamsburg.
Thursday night was Bronx Science's prom and I was selected by the students to chaperone and happily did so. It was a great night and a beautiful prom. I headed to the Waldorf-Astoria hotel shortly after work. The faculty had a suite to get ready in - bigger than my apartment! We had a great dinner. I really enjoyed seeing all my students dressed up and having a wonderful time. The whole night made me remember my prom and all the mixed feelings I was having as I was headed off for college. Totally worth the lack of sleep before work Friday morning!
One thing I did notice was the plethora of DSLR cameras! Lots of Cannons around and getting abused. I hope their photos turned out as great as mine. This is from the table setting for dinner. I'm not legally allowed to post the photos of my students, so I sent them all to them this morning. I'm sure they'll be making appearances on facebook and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment