Friday, June 11, 2010

Celebration

In honor of Friday, I'm posting a celebratory picture. HAPPY FRIDAY!
This picture is almost five years old now, but still one of my favorites, mainly because of the subject matter - Fireworks. I LOVE watching fireworks and trying to capture them with pictures. It is quite a challenge in timing.
This particular firework is part of the Illuminations show at Walt Disney World's EPCOT. Growing up in Florida, it was a regular occurrence to go to one of the Disney parks, but getting to stay for the fireworks was always a rare treat. We always wanted to beat the crowds out and would normally leave. However, during the summer of 2005 I worked at Walt Disney World's Yacht & Beach Club Resort and saw most of the Illuminations show every night I worked. I completely memorized the show within a month. As an employee, I received free entry for myself and had a few extra tickets by the end of the summer. On one of my days off I traveled to the park with a few friends and took this picture from within the park.
I still enjoy watching fireworks and trying to capture them in photographs, but this still remains one of my favorites. Disney Parks offer world class fireworks shows and beautiful viewing opportunities from many vantage points. I have yet to see a show that even begins to rival the ones they do on a nightly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment