Friday, June 25, 2010

Bittersweet

Today was such a bittersweet day. It was my last day with my students. I don't know if the school has seen a teacher so sad to lose their students when they are leaving at their own will. I'm going to miss my kids so much. Our school has an AMAZING student body but the administration does them such a disservice by treating teachers the way they do and creating conditions where they leave.
Another thing that has become bittersweet to me is visiting Florida. This picture was taken at the beautiful Florida Aquarium this spring. I remember when it opened and the many trips I took with my family there. The greatest thing about this trip to the aquarium was going with my coworker and her family. Her daughter was the same age as me when I first visited the aquarium. It was WONDERFUL. I LOVE going back to Florida but it makes me miss it SO much more. Being at the beach with the warm sun in comfortable and familiar surroundings reminds me of how alien I feel most of the time here in New York. There are very few places where I feel comfortable and am familiar with. I feel that way with MUCH of Florida.
There's no moving back to Florida right now though, only new opportunities here in New York. Looking up and out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment